Pendeen Farmers’ Market
Business Type: Farmers' Market
Contacts: Yvonne Bristow
Address: 8 Carnyorth Terrace, Carnyorth, St. Just, Penzance, Cornwall TR19 7QE
Telephone: 01736 788202
Mobile: 07706 659784
PENDEEN FARMERS’ MARKET – FIRST AND THIRD SATURDAYS ALL YEAR ROUND
10am – 1 pm at the Centre of Pendeen (on the B3306, the scenic St Just to St Ives road)
Ours is a thriving farmers’ market with a solid core of customers from Pendeen and the local area. We’re also popular with visitors who like to come along to stock up on real local food – or to get together the ingredients for a delicious picnic for their walk along the nearby Coastal Path.
Held at the Centre of Pendeen, a modern building with stunning views over the fields to the coast and the wild Atlantic – ours is a pleasant indoor venue, given the unpredictablity of our weather here at the western extremity of Cornwall. And we have a lively community café on market days as well. Both our producers and our customers tell us it is the friendliest market they know, with a true, old-fashioned Cornish community feel.
Regular traders from the local area sell their own produce including:
- Free-range chicken & meat including pork and pork products including homemade sausages, terrines, hogs’ puddings, pork pies and bacon
- Game in season
- Seasonal fruit and vegetables
- Local and West Country cheeses (goat, sheep, cow)
- Fresh bread, cakes, biscuits and other home baking – both sweet and savoury
- Pâtés and dips
- Indian snacks and curry sauces
- Jams, jellies and chutneys
- Plants, herbs and salad leaves
- Organic and unsprayed vegetables
- Organic free-range eggs
- Hand-knits made from wool from sheep at the local farm
And often we have fish from Newlyn!
Come to Pendeen Farmers’ Market for the best, fresh seasonal, local produce. Meet the producers, have a coffee and a natter with your friends or family.There’s free parking nearby.
Potential traders or volunteers should contact Yvonne Bristow 07706 59784/01736 788202; firstname.lastname@example.org